Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Internship Reflection

How could immersion impact your experience as a student?

I feel like internship made me see the bigger in my goals and it made me feel like some of the classes i take are worthless. Yes some math is helpful in being a dentist but it isn't all complicated like the stuff i'm learning and it kind of made me feel depressed that i was sitting here wasting my time with an unnecessary class.

Although it made me feel like i was wasting my time it made me see that with hard work and determination your goals will be met eventually even if you take a long unnecessary journey there it will be met. I loved being in a work environment such as the office i was in even if i don't become a dentist it helped me know what i want in a work environment. and talking to my mentor taught me how to get there, he still had to take math in college luckily for him he was strong in math however even if my personal best is a B or C as long as you score high on the DAT you are all set and i am good at stuff when im passionate about it which is what im excited about.

immersion just left me all confused. but it definitely changed my views as a student.

No comments: